Tuesday, August 14. 2007
PSPIRC is a basic IRC client for the PSP (see Internet Relay Chat).
What's new in this version ?
- New Search Channel menu with filter using regular expressions
- New menu for user permissions management (modes, ban, kick etc ...)
- New options such as custom colors, distinct colors for each
user and time stamp.
- Add feature to run any custom scripts
- Many server messages are now displayed with proper formatting.
- New commands such as Banlist, Who and WhoIS
- Display user permission in the user list
- Display unread tab in tabs list (with '+' flag)
- Add flags (red color) to see unread tabs
- Add option to write text like mIRC (beginning on bottom).
- New commands in the Danzeff virtual keyboard
- Add feature to retreive last input (useful when you want to
enter the same kind of command several times)
- Add startup script feature
- Display right nickname in private channel
- Name Resolver is now blocking
(hope that will fix name resolution issue)
- Fix in the save log file (no more blank lines)
- Close all tabs before to disconnect
- Add second space key for Targus (mapping file)
- Bug fix & Code cleaning
Credits and license :
It is mainly based on the IRC engine written by Danzel, and the user interface i wrote for PSPSSH.
The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker (author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library) with a new patch from Craig to support Sprint PCS IR keyboard.
This software is distributed under GNU V2 License, see GPLV2.txt file for all details and information about it.
It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.40-OE, and for the IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
A binary version for firmware 1.5 is available here :
A binary version for firmware 3.x-OE is available here :
Sources are here :
Many thanks to Danzel for his Virtual kerboard and his IRC stuff, and to all PSPSDK developpers.
Special thanks to HookBott for graphics, splash screen and icons, and to Craig for his Sprint IR keyboard driver.
If you want to discuss on this emulator, you can do it there :
zx81's forum on dcemu network or zx81's forum on qj.net
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)
Thanks mate, great job. best homebrew app ever!
As always, thanks a lot Zx . I, and many others, really appreciate your contributions towards the PSP IRC scene. Keep up the great work .
Awesome. This app has almost replaced my mirc.
very nice homebrew !! i need a Targus
you can insert psybnc multi-servers?
aww! want version with russian support)