Friday, April 4. 2008
fMSX is a famous emulator of the MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ 8bit home computers.
It runs MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ software on many different platforms including Windows and Unix.
See http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/ for further informations.
It has been first written by Marat Fayzullin, and later Vincent van Dam ported it on SDL.
GP2X-MSX is a port on GP2X of the version 18.104.22.168 of fMSX-SDL from Vincent van Dam that i had previously ported to PSP.
What's new in this version ?
- Speed improvements in CPU and sound emulation
- Add missing keys such as HOME, GRAPH, STOP
- Add option to increase emulated sound volume
(different from gp2x volume)
- Auto-fire mode, press RTrigger+X to switch it on/off
(useful for games such as 1942)
- RTrigger/LTrigger keys can be used in the keyboard
settings menu to navigate between Normal, LTrigger
and RTrigger compose mapping.
- Add several new hotkeys :
. settings such as fps, render mode, auto fire speed
can now be directly modified inside the emulator
(no need to enter in the settings menu)
. quick save / quick load current state
(no need to enter in the main menu)
- Default Hotkeys can now be set in the keyboard mapping menu
(useful to add hotkeys on existing/previous keyboard files)
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Here is a full working binary version :
Here is the source code :
This should be the last version,
If you want to discuss on this homebrew, you can do it here :
http://www.gp32x.com/ or dcemu network
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)