Saturday, May 20. 2006
Here is a new version of PSPBEEB the BBC Micro Emulator for PSP
(and i hope the last).
What's new in version 1.0.5 :
- In the key mapping editor, PSP keys can now be left unassigned
- Disk image can now be loaded on the two drives of the BBC Micro
(and not only on drive 0).
How to use it ?
Have a look to the README.txt file !
Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.
Sources are included, and this package is under "Beebem" license, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
Looking for games ? have a look here
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)
I've asked Dick, and as far as i understand he'd prefer to do it by himself and to work alone ...
So if we want to have a working video streaming software on 2.5 or 2.6 FW, we have the choice :
- wait until Dick buy a 2.6FW PSP, and start to port it ...
- i do it by myself, starting with Pmpmod sources ..
I'm waitting a little, to start on the second solution ...
Great work zx-81!
I have a few of suggestions/queries
1. If you have z, x, /. * mapped to the d-pad, and also mapped to the analog stick, only the analog stick wil work. In fact, if a key is mapped to the analog stick, you can't use that key on any other part of the psp. This would be great for example for repton, when using the analog is good for diagonals, but the d-pad is better for precision, so it would be great to be able to switch between the d-pad and analog stick.
2. When playing citadel and using the analog stick for movement, if you circle the analog stick around a bit, your character shoots. Does this mean that the analog stick is somehow pushing the shift key?
3. Is it possible to somehow get sleep mode to work on firmware 1.5?
I loooooove this emu!
First of all, thanks for your comments and feedback . Then to answer your questions one by one :
1 - Yes i do agree, it will be better, i will have a look on that issue.
2 - For several keys, PSPBeeb generates two events the SHIFT key press, and another key press event. This may explain your bug.
3 - I'm sorry, i haven't 1.5FW PSP (i've got only a 2.5FW), so i can't debug/test/develop on this firmware version ...