Tuesday, January 23. 2007
For those who has missed the beginning, Stella is on of the best emulator of Atari 2600
game console, running on many different systems, such as Linux, Solaris, Windows,
MacOS/X, WinCE, OS/2, GP2X.
It has been written initially by Bradford Mott, see Stella site for details.
PSP2600 is a port on PSP of the version v2.2 of Stella. It's based on the work
of Aenea who was the first to port Stella to PSP, and David Voswinkel
who's now in charge of the PSP port in Stella team.
It has been developped on linux for Firmware 1.5 and i hope it works also
for 2.x using the great eloader (0.99x) from http://www.noobz.eu/.
What's new in this version ?
- Merge the code from Stella v2.2 (replacing Stella v2.0 b1)
- Add several Anti-Flicker modes such as :
Phosphor (from Stella v2.2), nice but CPU consuming
Simple, very fast and suitable for black background games
Average, it computes average colors between two frames
- Add paddle support, using Left / Right keys or analog Pad
- Fix the sound speed/accuracy (For a better quality, set the
PSP clock to 333Mhz in the settings menu)
- Bug fix in Rom file requester
PSP hangs when the rom list was big and already sorted
- Remove Gelon's name from graphics stuff (as he wants to)
- Add Aenea as the author of the first PSP port (i'm sorry for this mistake !)
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
If you want to discuss on this emulator, you can do it here :
zx81's forum on dcemu network
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)
Pretty nice. The swap/analog cursor doesn't seem to work. Any screen size more than normal creates a minor display problem (see megamania).
It sounds like like the old VCS now!
Thanks for the tip. I have been looking for an Emulator but was not sure which one to download.