Monday, November 26. 2007
Here is a new version of PSPAtari the emulator of Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 series.
For those who haven't seen previous versions, Atari800 is an emulator for the 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 models of the Atari personal computer. It can be used on console, FrameBuffer or X11.
See http://atari800.sourceforge.net/ for further informations.
PSPATARI is a port on PSP of the version 2.0.2 (April 08 2006) of Atari800 from Petr Stehlik.
What's new in version 1.1.0 :
- Major speed improvements in smooth rendering !
- Compatible with custom firmwares 3.x and PSP-slim
- Display and save thumbnail images for each save state
- Add a simple intro splash screen
- New speed limiter function
- Support iso8859-1 fonts in print text functions
(might be useful to translate pspatari menus in german, french ...)
- IR keyboard support (mainly for menu)
- Add option to display fps rate
- Option to prevent the blue led to be displayed when
L or R are pressed
- Bug fix in help menu and in file requester
It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.71-m33, and for the IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.
Special thanks to Raven for his beautiful icons (Raven's web site)
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
binary version for fw3.x
binary version for fw1.5
PS: For those who wonder how to use 5200 Roms :
You have to load them using the original atari800 emulator menu (the
yellow "Atari800 menu" option in the emulator window ).
Then select "Cartridge management" then "Insert cartridge" and specify
your disk image file, then choose the cartridge type 5200, and go back
to the emulator using LTrigger.
If you want to discuss on this emulator, you can do it there :
zx81's forum on dcemu network or zx81's forum on qj.net
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)