Friday, May 29. 2009
For those who haven't seen previous version Hu-Go is a famous emulator of NEC PC Engine console, running on many system such as Linux and Windows. (see http://www.zeograd.com/ for details)
PSPHugo is a port on PSP of one latest version of Hu-Go.
What's new then in this version ?
- Audio Track support for CD-ROM
(support only MP3 format with stereo 16 bits samples
at 22k or 44k rate)
- CD-ROM TOC file format support.
- Using TurboRip, ripped CD can now be used directly with PSP-Hugo !
(see README file for explanations)
- Increase PSP clock speed when playing mp3 CD tracks
- Disable sound while saving states & screenshots
(to avoid scratchy noise for few seconds)
- Fix sleep mode issue
- Replace SDL sound engine by direct PSP audio stuff
to improve performances
- Fix issue when loading more than one CD image
- New backgrounds
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
You may find here a version TurboRip to convert your original CD to a format compatible with PSP-Hugo :
Please have a look to the README file to see how to proceed ...
CD Audio track reading is very CPU consuming, so if you run CD-rom games with audio tracks, PSP-Hugo will automatically increase the clock frequency while playing MP3 tracks to 300 Mhz.
(You may modify this parameter in the settings menu).
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence v2, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
If you want to discuss on this emulator, you can do it there :
zx81's forum on dcemu network or zx81's forum on qj.net