Sunday, October 3. 2010
fMSX is a famous emulator of the MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ 8bit home computers.
It runs MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ software on many different platforms including Windows and Unix.
See http://fms.komkon.org/fMSX/ for further informations.
It has been first written by Marat Fayzullin, and later Vincent van Dam ported it on SDL.
Here is a port on Caanoo of the version i've previously ported to Wiz.
I haven't any Caanoo, and i would like to thanks Pedro De quintana for his help on Caanoo beta-testing !
Many new features have been added compared to original version.
Here is a copy of the changelog :
- Cheat support !
- New background images
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
- Zip rom files are now decompressed in memory (much faster !)
- Improve file requester with virtual keyboard to choose
sequentially rom files beginning with a given letter
- Add documentation for settings in help menu
- Add gzipped disk file support, reduce disk file size from 700k to 50k !
(you may gzip original dsk file using www.7-zip.org)
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
It's distributed under Marat Fayzullin's license for the original MSX part, and under GNU license for all the GP2X part.
Here is a full working binary version :
The source code is here :
If you want to discuss on this homebrew, you can do it here :
My forum on dcemu network or http://www.gp32x.com/.
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)