Sunday, May 10. 2009
For gamers who have missed previous versions, Stella is on of the best emulator of Atari 2600
game console, running on many different systems, such as Linux, Solaris, Windows,
MacOS/X, WinCE, OS/2, GP2X.
It has been written initially by Bradford Mott, see Stella site for details.
PSP2600 is a port on PSP of the version v2.2 of Stella. It's based on the work of Aenea.
It has been developped on linux for Firmwares 5.0-m33 and 1.5
Special thanks to Horeus for his nice icons and graphical stuff !
What's new in this version ?
- New graphics from my good friend Horeus
- New Eboot music
- Cheat support (but it doesn't work with all games)
- Finally fix issue with "Home -> Exit" !
- Add documentation for settings in help menu
- Improve file requester with virtual keyboard to choose
sequentially rom files beginning with a given letter
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- Add hotkey to change flicker mode
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
If you want to discuss on this emulator, you can do it there :
zx81's forum on dcemu network or zx81's forum on qj.net
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)
There's one really annoying problem with the emulator.
Whenever i go into the setting menu, the paddle enabled setting instantly goes to yes. whenever i load settings, the paddle enabled settings goes to yes.
This of course blocks left/right on the dpad from being used for joystick because it's hardcoded to be used for paddle if it's on.
The only workaround is to disable paddle when first loading the emulator, and then to NOT TOUCH THE SETTINGS MENU AGAIN unless i load a game that uses paddle. otherwise paddle is perma forced on until i restart the emulator, and i can't use dpad for joystick.
This is with 6.60 pro C fix3. please try to reproduce and fix this very annoying problem.
Oh, and btw, i really think the analog stick is better suited to paddle support anyway. SO i think you sohuld make a new routine to use it for paddle.
In a paddle game, left is left, and right is right always. but it should also be possible to control with up and down instead, with up going up and down going down. my investigation says that up should count as right and down should count as left. this will make it consistent.
1) the more you move it the faster the paddle goes.
2) paddle is centered when stick is centered.
3) current support. fixed speed.
Thanks for your time and comments. Yes this is the only workarround to avoid paddle activation issue. You may also try earlier version of this emulator, may be it works. I'm not using PSP from years now, and i don't know if i can still compile this emulator today .