Saturday, September 5. 2009
Stella is on of the best emulator of Atari 2600 game console, running on many different systems, such as Linux, Solaris, Windows, MacOS/X, WinCE, OS/2, GP2X.
It has been written initially by Bradford Mott, see Stella site for details.
Here is a port on GP2X-Wiz of the version i've previously ported to PSP.
Many new features have been added compared to GP2X-F100 version.
Here is a copy of the changelog :
- Cheat support !
- New background images
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
- Improve file requester with virtual keyboard to choose
sequentially rom files beginning with a given letter
- Add documentation for settings in help menu
- A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (rom, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games on your disk and rom folders !
Here is a full working binary version :
Here is the source code :
UPDATE: a 'joy' folder was missing, i've uploaded a new zip version (thanks to Neil for his feedback).
If you want to discuss on this homebrew, you can do it here :
My forum on dcemu network or http://www.gp32x.com/.
Display comments as (Linear | Threaded)